How to Find the Right Defibrillator for your Workplace
It’s something you hope will never happen in your workplace, but every year more than seven million people globally suffer from a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) with no warning. The stark reality is that only 5-10% of those people survive.
Overall, 13% of workplace fatalities are caused by an SCA. External defibrillators can increase survival rates by up to 75%. That’s why it’s so crucial to consider whether your workplace needs a defibrillator - and, if so, you need to choose a product you can really depend on.
Evaluating your workplace risks
Whatever the nature of your environment, you should always consider the risks to your workforce and any visitors to your premises. The risk of an SCA can be increased by numerous factors, which will inform your decision-making about whether a defibrillator is necessary.
Some of these factors include:
- Urban locations - In urban areas, the abundance of traffic, escalators, staircases and crowds of people can make it harder for emergency responders to attend. Speed of response is a critical factor in survival rates.
- Remote locations - Conversely, particularly remote locations are hard to reach for different reasons. Without trained medical professionals and the right equipment in the local area, bringing your own defibrillators into the workplace is essential.
- Assess the composition of your workforce - Anyone can be affected by an SCA, but the likelihood increases with age.
Finding the right defibrillator
Not all defibrillators are built alike. When time is of the essence and every second counts, you need equipment that you can feel confident about using.
Our defibrillators are different because they:
- Offer the quickest time to first shock. Chances of survival reduce by 10% per minute. Our defibrillator can be ready in just eight seconds.
- Perform reliably. They shock in more cases than other AED’s available on the market, helping save more lives.
- Are rated to IP56, the highest industry rating. This guarantees protection against dust and water, making them suitable for almost any environment.
- Use patented shock delivery technology. This delivers a more effective shock at lower energy levels, reducing risk of heart damage and improving patient recovery time.
- Can shock someone with a chest impedance of 10-300 ohm’s. This is greater than other defibrillators available, shocking in more cases and saving more lives.
- Are simple and easy to use. With one-button operation and voice and visual prompts for users, they can be handled by untrained and minimally-trained rescuers.
- Connect to remote monitoring systems to make managing large fleets simple and cost-effective.
We’ll help you find out which defibrillator is best for you. Speak to an Advisor at Anchor Safety today on 0800 328 5028 or Request a Call back from one of our Customer Care team.