SUSTAINABLE WORKING TO SECURE A BRIGHTER FUTURE
At Anchor Safety, we are leading the charge towards a future where businesses can thrive with little impact on the world around us. Sustainability is key to this future. Our working practices, initiatives, brand development strategies and business partnerships are all designed with sustainability in mind so we can work more harmoniously with available resources and help drive long-term environmental change.
Anchor Safety is an environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may have on the environment. We aim to minimise any impact by:
1. Preventing pollution, reducing waste and implementing measures to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna.
2. Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community.
3. Taking action to eliminate or reduce, where possible, any potentially adverse environmental impacts.
4. Promoting environmental awareness among our suppliers, contractors and partners.
5. Seeking to work in partnership with the community and by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner.
6. Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting.
Managers and supervisory staff members are responsible for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
Anchor will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of Statutory Legislation, while at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within Approved Guidance as issued by the Environment Agency and other organisations. As part of Anchor Safety's commitment to maintaining the highest levels of environmental management, we intend to work towards environmental management systems compliant with ISO 14001.
All employees and subcontractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, while ensuring that their own works, where possible, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environmental related matter.
Anchor Safety will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective prevention and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy.
The partners have overall responsibility for all environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to Anchor Safety's activities.